Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11 Memorial

George W. Bush gave a speech this afternoon in Shanksville, PA, where Flight 93 crashed on Sept. 11, 2o01. You can watch it here.

It is eloquent, profound and very moving. As one of the comments said, "How refreshing to hear a president talk for 10 minutes without saying "I" "me" or "mine" once." He was respectful and yet had something important to say.

Compared to Obama's insincere scold the other night, this speech was masterful. George W. Bush sounded mature, thoughtful and deeply convinced of the truth of what he was saying.

When I hear Obama's supporters talk about how eloquent he is, I can't help but wonder if they listen to the same speeches I do. Obama is self-centered and condescending to us "bitter clingers." He embodies and epitomizes the permanent ruling class of the United States, which is so out of touch with the majority of Americans that the fact that he is black is not particularly relevant to anything. He did not get where he is by challenging the politically correct conventional wisdom or prejudices of the Ivy League/Wall Street elite.

The United States will survive this presidency but in a weakened form. And I am not talking merely about economics; I am talking about moral fiber and faith.

No comments: